Monday, March 26, 2012

Welcome to the 2nd Trimester!

We are 15 weeks today! Our baby is the size of an apple (4 inches long, 2 1/2 ounces).  The baby's legs and arms are starting to catch up to the rest of the body, and even though he/she hasn't opened its eyes yet, he/she still has a sensitivity to light. 

(I find all of this infomation very fascinating! Information courstesy of babycenter.com)


This picture of me and Baby D's Nonni was taken at 14 weeks 5 days. 
If you look closely, you can see the bloat that is my belly :) 

WEEKLY UPDATE
How far along? 15 weeks - officially two weeks in to the second trimester 
Total weight gain: up 1 whole pound :)
Maternity clothes? a few pair of leggings (thank goodness for Gap Maternity!), otherwise I'm wearing my normal clothes, just with a belly band for my pants

Stretch marks? none yet
Sleep: back to my normal routine of 8-9 hours each night, vs 10-11 in the first trimester  

Best moment this week: getting to tell everyone we are pregnant! not a secret anymore
Miss Anything?: cheese (don't get me wrong, I still love Cheddar and Parmesean), but I would love some Brie and other specialty cheeses right now. A glass of wine with it wouldnt be bad either
Movement: haven't felt any yet, not even the "flutters", but I should feel some in a few weeks 
Food cravings: Cereal with Fruit, cheddar cheese, hardboiled eggs, and PICKLES! can't get enough pickles
Anything making you queasy or sick: still don't want a lot of meat, but the site of chicken doesnt disgust me anymore. 

Gender: Not finding out and couldnt be more excited!  
Symptoms: overall feeling great! I find it uncomfortable to lay on my stomach at all, but I might as well get used to that
Belly Button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off? on

Happy or Moody most of the time: Had a roller coaster of emotions this week due to other things (mom's surgery)... but so very happy to have a healthy little one growing in me
Looking forward to: feeling the baby move for the first time!! looking pregnant rather than bloated

No comments:

Post a Comment