Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all the amazing dads out there! I am thankful to have THREE wonderful fathers in my life (not to mention countless others that I have looked up to over the years).  My dad, Eric, Father in Law, Dean, and my very own daddy to be, David. 
Dad and I on my wedding day
 My dad was such a great dad to us growing up.  He went to every dance recital (heck, he was IN most of them!), football game to watch me cheer, school event, etc.  I have the best memories of working out in the yard with him, tinkering around with different projects he was working on, and listening to his stories before I went to bed most nights.  I can't wait for him to be a grandpa (Papa).  He has so much to teach about tools, woodwork, etc, and is going to be amazing with this little boy/girl. 

Dean, David and Lester Danielson
Dean is an amazing father and father in law! He had to be a great dad to put up with David for 18+ years ;) (I kid, I kid...sort of!). I hear all the time about the ski trips, river rafting days, and little league games that Dean did with David.  To this day they still spend quite a bit of time kayaking and going on ski trips.  I know that will continue with this little bundle of joy too! This little boy/girl is lucky to have such an adventerous grandpa to show them the nature ropes!
Dave and I last summer
Where to begin? I couldnt be happier to be welcoming a little life in to the world with this man.  David is the yin to my yang, and the perfect calming balance to my crazy "need to have everything planned" mentality.  I am thankful for his relaxed approach to life, yet I always know that I can count on him to do things for me, and our family. He is always willing to try something new, and if he doesnt know what he is doing, he will learn.  Our baby doesnt know yet how lucky he/she is to have him for a Daddy for the rest of his/her life.  I love how much he already loves our little one, and I can't wait for him to get to hold Baby Danielson.  90 more days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment