Monday, July 9, 2012

Worst Blogger Ever

I feel like a horrible blogger lately! Although, in my defense, there has been LOTS going on.  For starters, I had SHINGLES! Can you believe it?! They were horrible, and I had a pretty minor case, so I definitely have sympathy for those people that have it covering half their bodies, rather than in my case, where it was just my upper left side.  Thank goodness you can take the medication to clear it up during pregnancy.  Aside from being very uncomfortable for two or so weeks, it cleared up pretty quickly, and I am now happily on the mend. 

In the last three weeks I also decided that the crib and dresser we previously had purchased (and put together - the crib) needed to go.  They were off as far as white colors went (one more yellow/antique than the other), and together they took up way too much room in the nursery.  So, back they both went, and our new crib from Pottery Barn was lovingly picked up and put together by David this weekend.  The rocker will be here by the July 22 (so they tell me at least- we are already a month behind when it was supposed to be delivered!) and I can't wait to see it all come together! I have picked up a few odds and ends here for the nursery, but still need to pick out a ceiling fan, changing table and night stand.  I'm thinking a trip to Ikea is in our near future.

In baby news, I am now 30 weeks! I can't believe that in 6 short weeks I will officially be "full term".  I know I say (write) this every time, but it really is flying by! It seems like time goes by faster in the summer months. I have my two showers coming up at the end of July, begining of August, and I can't wait to celebrate baby Danielson! We are also getting closer to narrowing down our list of baby names.  We still arent 100% set on one for a boy or girl, but have two or three for each, versus 100's for each, which was where we were at a few months ago!

Here is the latest update:

How far along? 30 weeks  
Total weight gain: about 15lbs, give or take a few at my last appt (it fluctuates a few lbs on a daily basis).  
Maternity clothes?: oh yes! I am rotating between my maternity dresses and other dresses that I have that are still working with my growing belly.  Dresses are much more comfortable I am finding in this heat
Stretch marks?: not too bad.
Sleep: pretty good! I get up a few times a night to use the restroom, but fall right back to sleep
Best moment this week: having five days off!
Miss Anything?: not at the moment
Movement: Baby D is very active! I am starting to feel hiccups too.
Food cravings: not too many, although fruit still always sounds delicious, as do pastries, and cheese  
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope
Gender: unknown.  anyone care to guess?
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: the ever growing belly and some back twinges  

Belly Button in or out?: an "innie" for the time being, althought it is getting shallower by the day :) 
Wedding rings on or off?: on
Happy or Moody most of the time: happy, happy, happy! Althought David would probably say I am moody as well :) blame it on the hormones!
Looking forward to: Baby D's two showers coming up

No comments:

Post a Comment